“In the period prior to the Day of Judgement, false and deceitful groups will emerge. They will say things to you, which neither you nor your forefathers will have heard before. Stay away from these deceitful people and do not let them come near you! Do not be misguided by them and do not let them cause strife amongst you!”
BISMILLA HIR RAHMAA NIR RAHEEM
ALLAH (THE EXALTED)’S NAME I START WITH, THE MOST BENEFICENT AND MERCIFUL
Allah in the name of, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
Blessings and salutations be upon the beloved of Allah (The Exalted), The Praised One and the Chosen One, the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace).
The first group who wholeheartedly accepted the message of Islam was known as Jama’at-e-Muslim. The second group, which violently rejected the message, were jama’at-e-Kafireen. The third group, which secretly rejected and insulted the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), and his Divine Message but outwardly pretended to accept Islam, was known as Jama’at-e-Munafiqeen (hypocrites). Incidentally, specific chapters on all these three groups can be found in the Qur’aan.
This book should give a true picture of the various sects. In this book you will find some of the details and beliefs for those who are not aware to be aware of it, to know the truth. They do not realise the danger to them and to Islam through having such beliefs.
These days’ readers have access to more Islamic books and publications than ever before and to a vast amount of information on internet web sites. They are not taking books at face value as before. Many have taken to learning about religion very seriously. Although the readers, especially the young, have been brain washed with huge amount of books by various sects, they are questioning the beliefs and interpretation given in their books. They are shocked to learn what some of their leaders have stated about subjects which are important aspects of belief.
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said, “In the period prior to the Day of Judgement, false and deceitful groups will emerge. They will say things to you, which neither you nor your forefathers will have heard before. Stay away from these deceitful people and do not let them come near you! Do not be misguided by them and do not let them cause strife amongst you!” 1
With ever increasing corruption in the Muslim communities throughout the world, caused by the ever increasing and different Muslim groups, each claiming itself to be on the right path, I have tried a sincere effort in this book to resolve two very important, yet, controversial issues.
1. Did the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) make any reference to his Ummah dividing into groups?
2. If so, which group is on the right path?
May Allah (The Exalted) give me the ability to write the truth and the reader to read and understand the truth, Aameen!
THE MAJORITY GROUP – THE GROUP OF SALVATION
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “The Jews split into 71 groups; one will enter Paradise and 70 will enter Hell. The Christians split into 72 groups; 71 will enter Hell and one will enter Paradise. By Him in Whose Power is the life of Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), without doubt, my Ummah will be divided into 73 groups. Only one will enter Paradise and 72 will enter Hell.” When asked which group will be on the right path, the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied: “The main (al-Jama’ah) body of the Muslims.” 2
2 Ibn Majah Kitab al-Fitan
3 Tirmidhi, Imam Ahmad, Abu Daud & Mishkat.
4 Ibn Majah
HADITH 2 – 4:
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “There was disagreement amongst Jews and they split into 72 groups. In the same way, there will be disagreement and divisions in my Ummah. It will split into 73 groups. Apart from one of those groups, all the remaining 72 will be thrown into Hell.” When asked which group will be on the right path, the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) replied: “The group on the right path, which will enter Paradise, will be the group which follows my Sunnah and that of my companions and this will be the largest group of Muslims.” 3
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “Without doubt my Ummah will never be gathered in misguidance. Whenever you see disagreement, then hold fast to the Sawad-e-Azam (the great majority).”
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said:” Follow the way of the largest group of Muslims! For, he who deviates from this group will be thrown into Hell!” 5
5 Ibne Majah
6 Imam Ahmed
8 Abu Daud & Imam Ahmad.
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “The Shaytaan continually pursues humans as a wolf pursues sheep. The wolf only dares to attack those sheep, which have separated from the rest of the flock and are standing alone. And so, my followers and my devotees! Save yourselves from being caught in the traps of misguidance and firmly remain with the largest and most well known group of Muslims!” 6
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “Allah will never allow my Ummah to unite upon misguidance and incorrect beliefs. Allah’s mercy, blessings and protection are with the largest group of Muslims. And he who deviates from this largest group of Muslims will be thrown into Hell.” 7
HADITH 9 – 10:
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: “He who deviates from the largest group of Muslims, even as much as a hand span, has himself cut off his connection with Islam.” 8
Conclusion of These Ahadith
Having quoted these Ahadith, few things become clear:
1. The Muslims will divide into 73 groups, and
2. The largest group will be the right group.
3. once group will enter Paradise while the others will go to Hell.
4. The Ummah will never unite upon misguidance and incorrect beliefs.
We shall now prove the authenticity of the afore-mentioned Ahadiths and without doubt make clear which group the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) had indicated as being the group of “Paradise”, “Majority Group” and the group of “Salvation.” For the benefit of any doubting individuals, let it be known, that, no great Imaam or scholar of the golden age of Islam ever rejected the above Ahadiths as being weak in narration or otherwise impaired in anyway, on contrary, the great Imaams have whole heartedly accepted these Ahadiths and furthermore commented on them. They have gone as far as to spell out, in no uncertain terms, the name of the one true group amongst the 73 groups of which 72 are the groups of Bid’ah (False innovative groups).
Sayings of Great Personalities
We shall quote the sayings of the great and illustrious Awliya and Imaams of the Muslims as regards the above-mentioned Ahadiths.
1. Imaam Sufyan Thouri (may Allah be pleased with him) (95-161 Al-Hijra.) (716-778 CE) in his book “Al Mizaanul Qubra” states: “By Sawad-e-Azam is meant those who are called the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah.”
2. Imaam Tahtawi Hanafi (may Allah be pleased with him) (239-321 A.H.) states in marginalia of the book “Ad-Durr Al-Mukhtar”: “One who departs from the path of the Ulama (scholars) of Fiqh, from As-Sawad Al-Azam, will have directed himself to Hell. Oh Muslims! Therefore, hold fast to the path of Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah which is called ‘Al-Firqat An-Najiyya’ – the unique group reported by the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) to be saved from Hell! Because Allah’s help, protection and taking to bliss are only for those who are on this path. Allah’s wrath and torture are for those who dissent from this path. Today, this Firqat Najiyya has gathered in the four Madhhabs, namely, Hanafi, Shafi, Maliki and Hanbali. One who does not belong to any of these four Madhhabs is a man of Bid’a.”
3. Shaykh ‘Abdul Qaadir Jilani (may Allah be pleased with him) (470-561 A.H.) (1077-1166 CE) says in his famous book “Ghuniyya-tut-Talibeen”: “There are 73 groups as foretold by Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). The group which will be saved from the fire of Hell is the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah.”
4. Imaam Muhammad Ghazali (may Allah be pleased with him) (450-505 A.H.) (1058-1111 CE) (in his book “Mujarribaate Imam Ghazali” states: “The Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah is the successful group and it is this group which weighs or determines its thoughts and its mind according to the scales of the Qur’aan.”
5. Imaam Rabbani Mujaddid Alf Thanni (may Allah be pleased with him) (971-1034 A.H.) (1564-1624 CE) states in his famous book “Maktubaat”: “The way of Salvation is following of the Ahle Sunnah
Wal Jamaah, may Almighty Allah bestow blessings upon the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah, in their speech, in their actions, laws, for this is the successful group. Besides this, all other groups have become victims of deception. Today, nobody realises how much these misled groups will be punished; however, on the Day of Judgement this secret will become apparent. Even though at that time this knowledge will be of no benefit to the misled.”
“It is compulsory for the wise people to amend their beliefs to be in accordance with the beliefs of the Ahle Sunnah Wa Jamaah because this is the only group which will be saved from the fire of Hell.”
“Opposing the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah will completely destroy you forever and make you liable for everlasting punishment. If there are shortcomings in your worship, then there is still hope of forgiveness. However, if your beliefs are incorrect then there is no hope of forgiveness at all.”
6. Imaam Rabbani (may Allah be pleased with him) states that Khwaja Ubaid-Ullah Al-Ahrar (may Allah be pleased with him) (895 A.H.) stated: “If I were given all the Kashfs (revelations) and all the Karamats (miracles), yet were deprived of the faith of Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah, I would consider myself ruined. If I did not have any kashf or karamats but had lots of faults, and if (only) the faith of Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah were bestowed on me, I would not feel sorry.”
7. Imaam Muhammad Ma’thum (may Allah be pleased with him) (1007 A.H. – 1079 A.H.) in his book “Mektubat” states: “O my noble and honourable sir! The essence of all preaching and the most valuable piece of advice is to meet the men of Allah and keep them company. And being a man of Allah, and adhering to Islam, in its turn, depends on holding fast to the right way guided by the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaah, who, among various groups, are the only group blessed with the good news that they are the group of Salvation. Unless you follow the way guided by these great people, there cannot be Salvation. These statements of ours are confirmed by owners of wisdom, by scientists and by the kashfs of Awliya. There is no mistaking.”
8. Imaam ‘Abd al-Ghani an-Nabulusi (may Allah be pleased with him) (1052-1143 A.H.) (1641-1731 CE) wrote in his book “Al-Hadiqat An-Nadiyya”: “The right path is the path of the companions. Those who follow this path are called the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaah. It should not be confused with many heretical groups that appeared after the time of the Companions. Al-Imam al-Baihaqi said, ‘When Muslims go astray, you should not give up that path even if you are left alone on that path!’ Najm ad-din al-Ghazzi wrote ‘Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah are those scholars who keep on the right path of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and his Companions. As-Sawad al-Azam, that is, the majority of Islamic scholars have followed this path. The Firqat an-Najiyya which was defined to be the group of salvation among the 73 groups is this true Jamaah’.”
9. Shaykh ‘Abdul Haq Muhaddith-e-Dehelwi (may Allah be pleased with him) (d.1052 A.H.) writes in his famous book “Ash’at-ul-Lam’at”: “The group of Muslims on the correct path, who will enter Paradise, are the Ahle-Sunnah-Wal-Jamaah.” “It is a well-known fact that to fully understand Islamic beliefs, intelligence alone is not sufficient. The sources through which we have received Islamic knowledge from the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) are the great pious scholars of Islam. Ahadith and statements of companions clearly prove that the beliefs of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah are the same as the beliefs of the companions and the pious predecessors (Salaf-e-Saliheen). The new ideas and beliefs have all appeared after the time of our pious predecessor. None of the Sahaba, the Salaf-e-Saliheen or the pious scholars of Islam followed the new ideas or beliefs. They strictly abstained from the groups who followed these deviated ideas and beliefs. Their beliefs and actions opposed these new ideas and beliefs. All the great scholars of Hadith and the great scholars of Fiqh of the four Sunni Schools of thought and their followers all held the belief of the Ahle Sunnah Jamaah. In addition, all the great pious Muslims and the Sufi Saints of the past and present followed the way of the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaah. Their great literary works stand witness to this fact.” “If you want a clear proof that what I have said above is correct, then gather together all the authentic books ever to be written on Hadith, Tafseer, ‘Ilm-e-Kalam, Fiqh, Seerah of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and Islamic history. Compare these authentic books with the books of the other groups and then it will be obvious, that the largest group of Muslims is the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah.”
10. Shah Wali’ullah Muhaddith Dehlwi (may Allah be pleased with him) (1114-1176 A.H.) states in his book “Aqdul Jayyad”: “As the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) has stated, ‘follow the Sawad-e-Azam’, and when the four Madhabs are within the Sawad-e-Azam, then following of any one of them, is followance of the Sawad-e-Azam. Therefore, refuting any one of them is refuting Sawad-e-Azam.”
11. Shah ‘Abdul Aziz Muhaddith Dehlwi (may Allah be pleased with him) (1159-1239 A.H.) states in his book “Fatawa Azeezi”: “The various parts of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah in Aqaa’id (belief) such as the Ash’ariyah, the Maaturdi; in Fiqh (Law) such as the Hanafi, the Shaafi, the Hanbali, the Maaliki; in Tassawaf (Sufi Orders) such as the Qaaderi, the Chisti, the Naqshabandi, the Suhrwardi; this servant considers all of them to be the truth.” We could go on quoting many more luminaries of Islam, all in support of the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah. However, for the purposes of this humble effort to distinguish truth from falsehood, we have more than enough evidence to go by.
To conclude, it should be more than clear to any fair-minded person that:
1. The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) foretold the division of his Ummah into 73 groups;
2. That the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaah is the only group on the right path.
The two points mentioned have been conclusively proved by the afore-mentioned Hadiths. Furthermore, to show that these Hadiths are not fabrications, we quoted such great personalities whom not even the misguided dare deny! These illustrious personalities have not only proved the above Hadiths to be true but have in no uncertain terms spelled out that the group with the great Majority (Sawad-e-Azam), the group destined for Paradise, the group of Salvation is none other than the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah! All other groups are Firqat-e-Bid’ah (False innovative groups) that did not exist in the time of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace), nor in the time of the four great Khulafa. These groups don’t have a leg to stand on according to the highest authorities of Islam as is evident from their above-mentioned statements. Some among these groups of Bid’ah have caught on to the above Hadiths and are actively trying to prove that they are Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah, trying to deceive true Muslims. Watch out for these wolves in sheep’s clothing!
I leave it to you to judge for yourselves your future and that of your families here and hereafter. It is our belief that Sunni Muslims should stand in defence of their beliefs and not let the groups of Bid’a intimidate them. Since it is conclusively proved that the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah are on the right path and Allah’s blessings and protection is upon them, we need not fear any group or their twisted arguments. However, we need to unite and defend our pure beliefs.
Finally, let it be known, that, anyone Sunni or not, who rejects the above Hadiths and statements of the great Imaams is claiming himself to be above the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and the great Imaams (may Allah be pleased with him), Allah forbid! Because there are those who feel they can unite the 73 groups, never can that happen since the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) has made the matter clear, it is only people with their own “mind projection” who fall into this trap. There is only one group on the right path and that is the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah, follow it and be safe here and hereafter. Aameen.
I pray to Allah Almighty that He accepts this humble effort to safeguard the pure beliefs of the Sunni Muslims from evil ideas and designs of the 72 heretical groups. We pray that our Sunni brethren will wake-up to the dangers of today and correct their ways. We pray that sincere seekers of truth will reflect on the overwhelming evidence presented in this book. We pray that Muslims throughout the world will leave these 72 heretical groups and unite with the Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaah. We pray that Allah (The 12 www.GardensOfSunnah.co.uk
Exalted) accept our prayer for the sake of the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) and all His true servants. Aameen.