There were many occasions in which the inanimate were heard exalting Allah in the hands of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .Sayyidina Masood’s son mentions, while food was being eaten we would hear it exalting its Lord.”1
Sayyidina Anas tells us of a handful of pebbles that exalted Allah, saying, “The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم took a handful of pebbles and they exalted Allah in the palm of his hand and we heard their exaltation. Then he poured them into the hand of Sayyidina Abu Bakr and their exaltation of Allah continued. Thereafter they were poured into our hands and still they continued to exalt Allah.”2
- How fortunate were those pebbles, that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم held them.
- Once the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم touches something it becomes alive, the Noor is transmitted and remember Allah.
- Remembering the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is the remembrance of Allah. Remembering Allah without the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is baseless.
Imam Ali tells us of the time when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was visiting a certain district in Makkah and as he passed each and every tree and mountain it greeted him saying ‘Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allah. (As Salamu Alaika Ya RasoolAllah)”
- The trees and mountains received the Prophet’s صلى الله عليه وسلم Noor and recognised him and sent salam.
- When the Noor of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم reaches a person, he begins to have love and respect for the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- A person remains a Muslim when one is connected to the Noor of the Prophet .ص
Sayyidina Jabir, Sayyidina Samura’s son reports the saying of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم in Madinah, “I know a stone in Makkah that used to greet me.” It was said that the stone was the Black Stone.4
- A stone is a mineral matter with no life, however, it becomes alive and salutes the best of creation صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- Ya RasoolAllah! Make our hearts turn towards you صلى الله عليه وسلم .Ameen
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم told Sayyida Ayesha that when Sayyidina Jibreel came to him with a message, every stone or tree he passed would greet him saying, “Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allah. (As Salamu Alaika Ya RasoolAllah)” 5
We are told by Sayyidina Jabir, Sayyidina Abdullah’s son that when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم happened to pass by a tree or rock it would bow to him.
- Bowing was out of respect and not for worship. Worship is only for Allah.
- We cannot image the love and respect the trees and stones had for them to bow to him.
- They recognised the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- Ya RasoolAllah! Help us, we call ourselves humans, but our actions are like animals. Forgive us Ya RassolAllah!
Sayyidina Abbas’ son tells of the time when the walls of the house spoke, saying that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had wrapped himself and his grandsons in a cloak and made a supplication that asked that they would be shielded from the Fire just as he had shielded them with his cloak, whereupon the walls of the house said, “Ameen, Ameen.” 7
When the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم became ill, Sayyidina Jafar, Muhammad’s son tells us that Sayyidina Jibreel brought him a plate on which there were pomegranates and grapes. As the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم ate from it, and it exalted Allah.8
- It is Sunnah to eat pomegranates and grapes with the intention of receiving the Prophet’s صلى الله عليه وسلم Noor.
- How fortunate were these fruits that not only were they put near the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم but ate from them too. Subhan Allah!
One day, as the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم accompanied by Sayyidina Abu Bakr, Sayyidina Umar and Sayyidina Uthman were climbing the mountain of Uhud it started to shake. Sayyidina Anas tells us that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said to it, “Uhud be stable, a Prophet, a man whose status is that of sincerity (Sideeq) and two martyrs (Shaheed) are on you.” 9
- How fortunate was Mount Uhud that it had the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم upon it.
- The Mount Uhud was blessed to kiss the blessed feet of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- The mountain became excited because the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was upon it so it was shaking in ecstasy.
- When the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم asked the mountain to stop, it understood the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and obeyed out of respect.
- The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم gave the news of the unseen (Ghayb) that upon you are two Martyrs referring to Sayyidina Umar and Sayyidina Uthman. (Explain martyrs)
Sayyidina Abu Huraryrah tells of a similar incident that occurred on Mount Hira, but this time those who were with the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم were Sayyidina Ali, Sayyidina Talha and Sayyidina As-Zubair, and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم spoke to it saying, “There is only a Prophet, or a man whose status is that of sincerity, or a martyr on you.”10
- These were the companions that received the guarantee of Paradise. (Ashra Mubasharah).
The Quraysh were in pursuit of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم when he reached Mount Thabir. The mountain spoke to him saying, “Go down, O Messenger of Allah, I am fearful that they will kill you on my back and then Allah will punish me.” Whereupon another mountain, the mountain of Hira called out “To me, O Messenger of Allah.”11
- This is just amazing, the mountain spoke to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and was fearful of the wrath of Allah, were as mount Hira said come to me.
- Both mountains loved the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .However, one feared the punishment and the other just wanted the refuge of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and not the other way around.
Sayyidina Umar’s son tells us of the time when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم stood on the pulpit (Minbar) and recited “And they (the Jews) did not realise (or appreciate) the importance of Allah as was required…” 6:91. Then he said, “The Compeller exalts Himself, saying, ‘I am the Compeller, I am the Compeller, I am the Great, the SelfExalted.” Upon hearing this, the pulpit shook so much that they exclaimed, “He will descend from it!”12
- How fortunate was the pulpit upon which the best of creation صلى الله عليه وسلم stood upon.
- The Minbar was blessed to kiss the blessed feet of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- The Minbar received the Noor of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .This is the reason the companions after the passing of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم would receive blessing by rubbing the places the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم touched and wiping them on their faces.
- Was the pulpit shaking out of fear or in the state of ecstasy?
Sayyidina Abbas’ son tells us that there were three hundred and sixty idols placed around the Ka’ba, and the feet of the idols were reinforced with lead mounted in stone. When the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم entered the Ka’ba in the Year of Victory, he pointed the staff he held towards them, but did not touch them. Then he recited the verse “And proclaim, “The Truth has arrived and falsehood has vanished; indeed falsehood had to vanish.”” 17:81 and whenever he pointed at the face of an idol, it fell on its back and when he pointed to its back, it fell on its face and so it continued until not one single idol remained standing.”13 Sayyidina Masood’s son said something similar adding, “When he began to destroy them he recited the verse, “The truth has come, and falsehood dare not commence nor return.” 34:49.
- The idols fell through the Noor transmitted from the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
- The opposite of Noor is darkness and the opposite of Truth is false.
- If the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم wanted to destroy them before he could have, however, he waited for this time as willed by Allah.
At-Tirmidhi tells us that even before his Prophethood when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was a young boy traveling with his uncle and others of the Quraysh to trade in far off lands, a hermit14 monk who never left his home for anyone, came out to see him. Upon seeing the young boy, he took hold of his hand and declared, “This is the Master of the worlds. Allah will send him as a mercy to the worlds.” The Qurayshi merchants asked how he knew this, and he replied he had not seen even one stone or a single tree that did not bow to him. Then the monk informed them that they only bow to a prophet. The monk also told them that he had seen a cloud shading him and that when he arrived he found that some people had already seated themselves in the shade of the tree, but when he sat down the shade moved to him.15
- This incident happened when the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was approximately 9 years old.
- To do business is a Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. 3. This monk was blessed and saw the signs within the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم as a young boy. 4. This also proves that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was a Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم since birth and not at the age of 40 years old. Yes, he told the people at the age of 40 years old. 5. The monk said the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم is the Master of the worlds. 6. The trees and the stones bowed to the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. 7. The cloud would follow the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم from the heat of the sun.