Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha Illallahu wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, wallillahil Hamd
This is wajib and should be read after every namaz…from fajr on the 9th of Dhul-Hijjah to Asr on the 13th of Dhul-Hijjah
- Takbeer-e-tashreeq is wajib upon people residing in a city/town- whether they pray in the congregation, alone, be it a woman, traveller, or one that originally comes from the village.
- To pray once is Wajib, but better to pray it 3 times.
- To be prayed as soon as a person completes his Fardh prayer
General sunnah of the Eid prayers
- Performing the bathing (ghusl).
- khutba after the Eid prayer in two parts recited by the Imam
Mustahabs of the Eid prayers
- To go for the Eid namaz early.
- walking to the place of the Eid namaz.
- to cut nails/excess hair and generally looking presentable.
- to perform miswaak.
- to wear good clothes, if you have new clothes they should be worn, otherwise washed clean clothes.
- to apply itr (nice scent).
- to perform the Fajr prayer in congregation on this day (although this is considered wajib generally anyway, there is extra emphasis for the day of Eid).
- to give the wajib sadqah al fitr – before the Eid prayer.
- to give extra charity- to be generous and help the poor or needy on this day to return back from the place of Eid prayer, on a different route
- to show happiness
- to congratulate each other
- for Eid Al Adha – it is mustahab for the one performing qurbani, to refrain from cutting the hair and nails in the first 10 days of dhul-Hijjah
Note: it is makruh tahrimi to perform nafl prayers before the Eid namaz, whether this is at home or the Masjid.Download Now