MUSTAHAB (RECOMMENDED) ACTIONS OF SALAAH
The following acts are very good if done, one should attempt to cover all whilst offering salaah as it makes your salaah more perfect and acceptable. However, there is no sin if missed.
- To make Niyyat (Intention) for Salaah in the Arabic language.
- The hands not to be covered by clothes (sleeves) at the time of Takbeeretahreema- for men.
- The hands are to be covered by clothes (sleeves) at the time of Takbeeretahreema- for women.
- To perform salaah directly on the ground instead of prayer-carpet.
- To look at the at the place where you are going to do sajdah whilst in qayaam.
- To recite tasmiyah (Bismillah) prior to recitation of any surah, if started from beginning after surah Fatiha.
- To stand up for Salaah when mukabbir says: Hayya – alal- falaah (for both Imaam and muqtadee).
- To start Salaah after Iqaamat, however Salaah may be started with: Qad qamatis- salaah.
- To start salaah along with Imaam.
- Try to avoid or stop coughing as far as possible during salaah.
- Try to void yawning (If not possible, cover mouth with the back of right hand).
- To recite more than thrice or at least 5 times the tasbeeh of ruku: Subnhana- rabbiyal- azeem.
- To recite more than thrice or atleast 5 times the tasbeeh of sujood: Subnhana- rabbiyal- a’laa.
- To look between the feet in ruku.
- To look at your nose whilst in sajdah.
- To recite the following in jalsah: Alaahummagh firlee war hamnee (for both imaam and muqtadee).
- To recite durood- e Ibraheem where durood is to be recited.
- To say sayyiduna prior to the Holy names of the prophet hazhrat Muhammad Mustafa ( sallallahu alahi wasallam) and of Hadhrat Ibraheem (alihi- salaam).
- To look on your lap whilst in qa’idaah.
- To make first salaam towards right shoulder followed by left shoulder.
- After finishing Fardh salaah, shift slightly away from your original position, to offer Sunnah and nafl salaah.