TAYAMMUM (SUBSTITUTE FOR GHUSL/ WUDU)
Tayammum is a substitute and can only be used when there is a valid Shari’ ‘Excuse’.
3 Fardh of Tayammum
- Intention – in the heart is compulsory and it is also better to say (I am performing tayammum of wudu/bathing, to purify myself for worship- due to not being able to perform wudu/bath with water).
- Striking ground/usable substances with one’s hand and wiping the face.
- striking ground/ usable substances with one’s hand and wiping arms.
6 Sunnahs of Tayammum
- Starting with Tasmiyyah (Bismillah).
- Following sequence.
- Move hands to and from the soil / usable substance.
- To shake one’s hands after striking the ground / usable substance to remove excess dust or soil on the hands.
- To have fingers apart, when striking the soil.
Objects of Tayammum
· emerald etc
all the above natural objects of Tayammum do not need any dust to be on them
|· Grass – and anything ‘burnable’
· Metals- and anything ‘meltable’
· Tarmac/painted walls – and anything ‘man made’
If enough dust has gathered on the surfaces of the above or any nonuseable object/ substances – that a handprint can be made on them– the dust itself can be used for Tayammum
Invalidators of Tayammum
- Anything that invalidates Wudu.
- If the initial excuse no longer applies:
- So, if done because there was no water, and now water is availableTayammum is invalidated.
- If done because of illness and now illness has gone, tayammum is invalidated
- If in one tayammum the intention of both a bath and ablution is made, then this is enough as the tayammum for both will be accepted.
- The tayammum of a bath and ablution is done in the same way It is necessary that whatever material is used for tayammum is clean, and free from impurities.