HAJJ AT A GLANCE
DAY 1 – 8th OF DHUL – HAJJ
- Perform Ghusl.
- Wear Ihram.
- Pray 2 rakah sunnatul Ihram (with headcover on).
- Make intention for ‘Hajj’ (take off headcover before making intention).
- (All the above would have already been done, if you chose to make intention of Hajj before the 8th of Dhul-hajj and perform the nafl Tawaaf with sa’ee as explained in the notes previously).
- Perform Fajr Namaz in Makkah Mukarramah.
- Leave for Mina.
- Perform Zohr, Asr, Maghrib & Esha prayers in Mina (shortened Qasr on its time – not combined).
- Spend night in Mina.
DAY 2 – 9TH OF DHUL HAJJ
- Leave for Arafah on 9th Dhul- Hajj, after performing Fajr Namaz in Mina.
- Pray Zohr & Asr Namaz (shortened Qasr on its time- not combined).
- Pray and offer duas and ask for forgiveness.
- Stay within the bounds of Arafah until sunset.
- Leave for Muzdalifah after sunset on 9th dhul- Hajj.
- Join Maghrib & Isha at Muzdalifah (Shortened Qasr & combined).
- spend night in Muzdalifah.
- Camp near the mashar al- Haram (a hill in muzdalifah)… ( if possible) and make dua.
- collect pebbles (minimum 49)
DAY 3- 10TH OF DHUL HAJJ
- Perform Fajr Namaz at Muzdalifah.
- Shortly before sunrise, leave for Mina on the 10th Dhul-hajj.
- Stone Jamarah Al – Aqaba (the largest Pillar) only, with 7 pebbles – you can do so after sunrise until fajr next morning, but recommended time is from sunrise to Zohr. (stop reciting talbiyah before rami, and recite “bismillahi Allahu Akbar” (in the name of Allah, Allah is the greatest)- each time you throw the pebbles.
- Offer Qurbani.
- Men: shave your head.
- Women: cut about 1 inch.
- Take off Ihram.
- All Ihram prohibitions lifted apart from sexual relations.
- Go to Makkah and peform Tawaaf-e- Ziyaarah (ifada).
- Perform saiee between Safa and Marwa (if you haven’t already performed it with a nafl Tawaf before the 8th of Dhul-hajj).
- All restrictions now lifted.
- Return to Mina and spend the night there.
DAY 4- 11TH OF DHUL HAJJ
- Stay at Mina.
- Perform Rami (Stoning) of all three pillars, starting with the small and ending with the large pillar, with 7 stones each – preferably between Zohr and Maghrib Namaz, but can do so till next day before Fajr. (After stoning the first two, one should move to one side and make dua whilst standing there, but after stoning the third pillar one does not stand there but make dua whilst walking back to the tent).
DAY 5- 12TH OF DHUL HAJJ
- Stay at Mina.
- Perform Rami (Stoning) of all three pillars again as done on the 11th of Dhul- Hajj, starting with the small and ending with the large pillar, with 7 stones each – preferably between Zohr and Maghrib Namaz, but can do so till next day before Fajr. However, if you wish to leave for Makkah Mukarramah, then you must do the stoning before sunset and leave for Makkah before sunset. (After stoning the first two, one should move to one side and make dua whilst standing there, but after stoning the third pillar one does not stand there but make dua whilst walking back to the tent).
- If you can’t leave for Makkah Mukarramah before sunset, then stay one more night in Mina, repeat the same procedure of stoning the next day 13th of Dhul – Hajj, and then return to Makkah.
HAJJ IS NOW COMPLETE.
YOU MUST PERFORM THE TAWAF AL – WIDA (THE FAREWELL TAWAF) BEFORE LEAVING FOR HOME, WHICH IS WAAJIB.Download Now