Words of Kufr in regards to the Angels
There are different words that are used in this text such as ‘Takfeer’ which means it is without any doubt what-so-ever clear Kufr and one will be out of the folds of Islam. The term ‘is a Kafir,’ ‘will be Kufr,’ ‘are words/statement of Kufr’ and ‘is Kufr’ are similar, however, depending on the (Urf) custom of the time or environment in the community it could have different meaning, hence, the Fatwa of Kufr will not be given. This can only be done by a qualified Mufti.
These statements are real examples of Kufr that have been said by people from the time of the great jurists over 1000 years ago till today and not made up. All the references have been provided from books of these great jurist.
- To take fault out of any angel or to disrespect them is Kufr. i
- If someone wrote the names of Jibraeel, Mikaeel, Israfeel or ‘Izraeel (upon them be peace) on paper and with disrespect and dishonour threw it in impurity, such a person is a Kafir.
- To see an enemy and say the angel of death (Malik-ul-Mowt) is here or to say I recognize the person as angel of death, if it is to call the angel of death bad, it is Kufr and if on the basis on
- disliking death it is not Kufr. ii 4. To believe the angels from the beginning or creator is Kufr. iii
- To deny the existence of angels or to say angels are called the power of good deeds and besides this nothing, both of these are Kufr. iv
- Someone said “I will not accept such a person’s evidence even if it be Jibraeel or Mikaeel (upon them be peace),” this statement is Kufr. v
- Whoso says that Jibraeel (upon whom be peace) committed mistake when passing on revelation, is a Kafir. vi Whoso says Izraeel (upon whom be peace) has made a mistake when taking the soul, is a Kafir. Vii
i Bahar-e-Shariat. Vol: 9. p. 171. Bahr-ur-Raqiq. Vol: 5. p. 205. Fatwa-e-Alamgiri. Vol: 2. p. 266. Majmu’a Anhar. Vol: 2. p. 507. Durre Mukhtar. Vol: 6. p. 375. Fatwa-e-Razwiyya. Vol: 6. p. 156
ii Bahar-e-Shariat. Vol: 9. p. 171. Bahr-ur-Raqiq. Vol: 5. p. 205. Fatwa-e-Khaniya. Vol: 3. p. 578. Majmu’a Anhar. Vol: 2. p. 507. Fatwa-e-Alamgiri. Vol: 2. p. 266. Fatwa-e-Bazaziya. Vol: 6. p. 347.
iii Bahar-e-Shariat. Vol: 1. p. 24.
iv Bahar-e-Shariat. Vol: 1. p. 24.
v Bahr-ur-Raqiq. Vol: 5. p. 205.
vi Fatwa-e-Alamgiri. Vol: 2. p. 264. Fatwa-e-Bazaziya. Vol: 6. p. 318. Fatwa-e-Amjadiya. Vol: 4. p. 351. Shaami. Vol: 6. p. 378
vii Majmu’a Anhar. Vol: 2. p. 507.Download Now